Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Check-Up

It has been about 3 months since I shared with you my goals, desires, and hopes for the year 2013. I thought I'd share with you (as well as analyze for myself) how I am doing in those areas! Ya know, a fun update to keep the momentum going and not lose sight of what I set out to do at the beginning of the year.

In regards to discipline, my word for the year, I have made strides to become more disciplined in the area of workout/fitness. How? Well, I am working my way through the Couch to 5k running plan. I have successfully made it through this plan once before, about a year ago. And I was so excited! I hadn't run a 5k since high school! I celebrated my completion by running a super fun race with my best friend through Disney World!



Currently, I am over halfway through the Couch to 5k running plan and feeling great! It's been a challenge some days, but I am seeing results and loving having a plan to stick to. Unfortunately, my plans to celebrate with a fun 5k run here at Rutgers called the "Color Me RU" was full by the time I went to sign-up. However, I am on the waiting list and hoping to be able to join the fun on April 12! This month, in addition to our regular workout routine, Tyler and I are putting ourselves up to a challenge of 1,000 (for me) and 2,000 (for him) push-ups in the month of April. In any given month, I may do 50-100 push-ups when I happen to think of it at the gym. So, this will be a big accomplishment if I make it!!

I have also decided to grow in discipline by trying new things regularly. This has been a fun challenge! I have tried new home ideas, crafts, recipes, and holiday ideas. It has surely stretched me in new ways but I would say I have surely grown thus far in my fear of trying new things. (Follow me on this jouney more closely here.)

In regards to time with the Lord/reading of the Word (with discipline) I am way behind on my Bible in a year reading plan, but still persevering... although I am so tempted to give up because I am behind. I have however been reading more and enjoyed going through my first Beth Moore Bible study, Breaking Free! God has been teaching me so so much about Himself and who I am in Him. It has been a very freeing three months. And I believe it is because of applied discipline I have experienced all that God has for me through Breaking Free and even through the other books I've read recently. 

Now, an update on the passages I chose to pray through this year for myself and Tyler. I've already seen Him begin to answer my prayers as I pray through my verse(s) for the year (Ephesians 4:23-24). I am understanding more and more the new self that I am in Christ - His bride, His beloved, His beautiful daughter and I am choosing to see myself as He sees me. And I would say God is answering prayers for Tyler too, as I pray Colossians 1:9-10 over him. God is doing some exciting things in his life and making him more aware of who He is, giving him the boldness to do all that He has planned!

All in all, it's been a great first quarter of the year and I look forward to all that God has in store for me in the coming months. How are you doing in persevering through your New Years plans, goals, and resolutions? 

"Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth..." - Isaiah 43:19

No comments:

Post a Comment