Monday, April 22, 2013

Worth Admiring

Last week, I was challenged to think of a wife whom I admire. This was no challenge for me, however. The woman who came to mind, I have known for almost ten years. She is someone who let me into her home, took me under her wing, passed on her lessons learned and wisdom to me, and let me witness her loving her husband and her daughters.

As I think through why I admire her, I am brought to Proverbs 31:10-31. No matter the circumstances, she can be trusted by her husband, she enriches his life and stands by him always! In each day, she seeks to bring good to those around her. She eagerly seeks to take care of her home and family. She helps those beyond her family, always there to lend a helping hand or comforting word. She lives in a place of no fear, trusting in the Lord. She uses her creativity throughout her home and integrates it into her life, and mothering. Her demeanor is strong yet gentle. And I especially believe verse 26 is true of her, "When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness." Time and time again, I have seen her demonstrate wisdom and kindness towards her husband and daughters. Laziness does not grab hold of her, she is hardworking and perseveres (with much coffee!). Her husband absolutely praises her, and her daughters adore her! 


Aside from the wonderful wife and mother that she is, she seeks to bless other young women, like myself. She lives up to this command, "and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled." - Titus 2:4-5. Her heart is rooted in the Word of God, evident in her life, and therefore she is equipped to train up younger women in this way. 

Although this wife, whom I admire so much, and I have recently lost touch, I will always hold tight to the lessons she taught me--whether they were actively taught by her or I learned through observation. She is someone I wholeheartedly admire and consider myself blessed to have known. And I can only hope and pray that someday I will be a wife worth admiring, such as she.

No comments:

Post a Comment