Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Blessings and Heartaches

As 2012 comes to an end, I realize just how much has happened over the last year....

The year brought many blessings. My marriage has grown deeper and I am more in love with my husband than I've ever been before. God revealed himself as provider over and over again in our lives as we trusted him for our financial support as missionaries, as well as provided a wonderful replacement car after an ugly hit and run that totaled our car. We were able to visit new places and experience fun events. For the first time in 9 years, I have a relationship with my daddy and I couldn't be happier about it! Tyler and I are now living outside of Florida (in New Jersey) for the first time -- and loving it! We began serving on campus at Rutgers with Athletes in Action! I have made new friendships that I am so very grateful for and enjoyed growing deeper in old friendships. We were also blessed with many fun moments that are now fun memories with family over this past year and I am so thankful!

On the flip side, 2012 had some heartaches and some moments I'd love to erase from my mind forever. The moments I chose silence rather than conversation with my husband. The days I chose to watch a TV show rather than dig deep into the Word of God. Days I spent sick on the couch. Hearing that Tyler had been in a car accident, resulting in the total loss of our only vehicle. Tears I shed because I was unhappy. Being deeply hurt, resulting in the severing of relationships, which truly saddens me. Having to choose the Truth over the lies whispered to me. Even getting a phone call letting me know that there was a mistake in the amount taken out for taxes all year and owing an unexpected chunk of money (never fun!) before the end of the year.

Looking back on 2012 brings a smile to my face as well as pangs my heart. It was a such an emotional roller coaster of a year! But through it all, I had the Lord, who is forever unchanging. And I had my loving husband by my side.

I am prayerfully hoping that 2013 brings unexpected reconciliation, new relationships, growth, love, and a deeper understanding of who God is. What are you hoping for in 2013? Lay it before the God of the universe. What pleases God and is his very best for you, he will fulfill. Happy New Year!

"May he grant you your heart's desire and fulfill all your plans!" - Psalm 20:4

No comments:

Post a Comment