Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Refreshment

This past weekend was one of the most refreshing weekends I have had in a long time! Saturday, Tyler and I spent the majority of our afternoon at the park, sprawled out on a handmade quilt. We enjoyed peaceful surroundings, cool fall air, and time together & with the Lord, and good books.


It was rejuvenating for me, to simply be outdoors! But to also get to spend that time with the two loves of my life... my Savior and my husband was simply marvelous. God wooed my heart, as He regularly does through His Word and the book I am currently reading, Gospel by JD Greear. Later that evening, we took out my mom and step-dad for a lovely dinner as a thank you, since they have let us live rent free this year! We spent our time over dinner laughing and making memories as a family. Sunday, was another beautiful day that we enjoyed together doing more "everyday" things, like grocery shopping and movie watching. As I reflect back on this past weekend, I am encouraged by how refreshed I felt. It was a combination of many things.... the weather, the events, and the people. I want to say, I wish every weekend was like that, but if they were, I wouldn't treasure them nearly as much.

How do you spend your weekends? Have you experienced a time of refreshment lately (a day, weekend, week, month)? What refreshes your soul?


"My people will abide in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." - Isaiah 32:18

No comments:

Post a Comment