Monday, October 29, 2012

The Unknown

I have spent my entire life in the Tampa Bay area. I grew up in Seminole and went to college in Tampa. Which means, certain things have become the norm and a way of life... like family nearby, Publix, 80 degree Christmases, beach sunsets, snow birds, flip flops almost year round, Pinellas County parks, and much more.


All of that is about to change and I don't know quite how I feel about it.

At the beginning of this year, my husband and I went through training and joined full-time staff with Campus Crusade for Christ's athletic ministry, Athletes in Action. Following training was a season of raising our financial support, as missionaries. During our training, I would have told you how scary that seemed and there didn't appear to be a light at the end of the tunnel. The end of the tunnel, which I have been so eager to reach since February, is Rutgers University in New Jersey! Now, the light is growing in brightness as we are quickly approaching our goal with financial support! Sounds exciting, right?

Well, yes, it is VERY exciting! I cannot wait to begin ministering to student athletes full-time! But, the day to day life change is becoming a reality. My winter's will no longer begin in January, fall will no longer be an extension of summer, grocery shopping will not consist of BOGO deals at Publix, my family won't be just a short drive away, flip flops won't be my year round footwear, snow will be expected (no longer a dream), and people around me will sound different (New Jersey accents!). Again, I am very very excited to step into this next phase... but so much will be changing! I'm actually struggling to grasp it all.

With all of that change and looking ahead to much of the unknown, there are things that will remain the same (whew!). My husband and I will continue to love each other and seek to glorify God as a married couple. My relationships and friendships, although distance will grow, thanks to technology the communication shouldn't! And most importantly, my God will not change. "For I the LORD do not change" 
- Malachi 3:6 I can always count on Him, because He is the same yesterday, today, and forevermore! For that, I am so very grateful. I am thrilled to know that there will be consistency in the chaos, and familiarity in the unknown that lies ahead for me. My intimate relationship with God is not in jeopardy because of my location... 

Hallelujah! 

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." - Hebrews 13:8

No comments:

Post a Comment