Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tank on Low?

Today, Tyler and I quizzed one another with the Love Language Profiles in Gary Chapman's The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate.

Questions we often ask one another are, "how can I love you better?" or "how is your love tank?" For me, I sometimes find it difficult to articulate how my love tank can be filled more or how Tyler can do a better job of showing me love. So, I thought maybe insights from Gary Chapman would help me.

Well, to no surprise, my primary love language is gifts and Tyler's is physical touch. So, I skimmed through Chapter 8 to find some ideas on how to love Tyler more through his primary love language. Although I found some helpful ideas, what I realized is that loving through physical touch does not come as naturally to me as expressing love through gifts, or even acts of service. I have to choose to show Tyler love in the way he best receives it. This will certainly take effort on my part, but will it be worth it? Absolutely! And it will be fun! I hope to continue to brain storm ideas on how to better fill Tyler's love tank through his primary and secondary love languages.

Who do you have to choose to love? Are you showing them love how it comes most natural to you, or how they best receive it? Do others around you know how you best receive love?

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking..." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-5


No comments:

Post a Comment