When I hear those lies from the enemy either in my mind or from the mouths of people, I am faced with two options. I can dwell on the evil and my own hurt and quickly spiral into a depression and self-focused pity. Or, I can recall all of the things that I know are true of me because of Christ!
In Christ, by the grace of God...
- I am forever free from condemnation (Romans 8:1)
- I have been given the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16)
- I have been made righteous (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- I stand perfect in God's eyes (Hebrews 10:14)
- I am a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- I am in an intimate and personal family relationship with the Lord (John 1:12-13)
And the Word of God tells me that...
- I am loved by God (John 15:12)
- I am beautiful and flawless (Song of Solomon 4:7)
- God rejoices over me with singing (Zephaniah 3:17)
- I am chosen (John 15:16)
I hope that you, too, can choose to stand on the Rock when you hear lies - even when they penetrate deep. God is always good, trust that. I know I have to =)