Thursday, December 13, 2012

When The World Whispers

When the world tells you that you are -- worth nothing, everyone hates you, you're unloved, you aren't beautiful, and/or you deserve what you've got coming... what do you do?

When I hear those lies from the enemy either in my mind or from the mouths of people, I am faced with two options. I can dwell on the evil and my own hurt and quickly spiral into a depression and self-focused pity. Or, I can recall all of the things that I know are true of me because of Christ!

In Christ, by the grace of God...

  • I am forever free from condemnation (Romans 8:1)
  • I have been given the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16)
  • I have been made righteous (2 Corinthians 5:21)
  • I stand perfect in God's eyes (Hebrews 10:14)
  • I am a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)
  • I am in an intimate and personal family relationship with the Lord (John 1:12-13)

And the Word of God tells me that...

  • I am loved by God (John 15:12)
  • I am beautiful and flawless (Song of Solomon 4:7)
  • God rejoices over me with singing (Zephaniah 3:17)
  • I am chosen (John 15:16)


Because of who God is, I can confidently stand on who He says I am. The hurtful words people slam at me or that the enemy whispers in my head cannot compete with the Truth! I am who I am because of Christ and for that, I praise God!!

I hope that you, too, can choose to stand on the Rock when you hear lies - even when they penetrate deep. God is always good, trust that. I know I have to =)

No comments:

Post a Comment