Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Music

The other night, I attended a group event where we were led in song to worship the Lord! We sang "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" and then discussed the meaningful lyrics. Then, today I put on a Music Choice channel and noticed that the Christmas music plays from the channel called "Sounds of the Season." This got me thinking how politically correct the world attempts to be with (all things but especially) Christmas.

Most store clerks wish us "Happy Holidays!" and signs spread "Season's Greetings" but the meaning of Christmas cannot be lost by all the cover up. I mean, just listen to the lyrics of the Christmas music on every radio station! Songs that used to be freely sung at every elementary school Christmas concert have deep, meaningful, and ministering lyrics. Songs like Joy to the World, O Come All Ye Faithful, O Holy Night, Away in a Manger, and First Noel are all popular, classic, and clearly depict the true meaning of Christmas. Faith Hill has a Christmas song that brings tears to my eyes almost every time I hear it; A Baby Changes Everything::


I hope that this December, the meaning of Christmas and the message of Christ reaches people's hearts in a new way or maybe for the first time. And I believe God can use even old classic Christmas carols to do just that! 


Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! - Psalm 95:2

No comments:

Post a Comment