Thursday, January 3, 2013

God & Marriage

Marriage. It is something I entered into with my husband two years ago, knowing that it would not be perfect. I expected it would require time investment [dates, quality time, deep conversations, conflict resolution] and lots of work. Nobody ever told me it was going to be easy, but I knew it was going to be worth it. And praise God, it has been worth it! We're continuing to learn much about marriage, who we are as individuals and as a couple, and who God is.

Recently, I stumbled upon the Mars Hill YouTube channel. As I browsed the videos, I came across the Real Marriage series. This video (below) in particular, got me thinking about marriage and divorce. I was soon reading this article which I found incredibly helpful in gauging when to know if a marriage is over.


I want to challenge and encourage you to think about your current marriage, future marriage, previous marriage, or whatever you're circumstances may be... How is God leading you in that? What would be the most honoring thing to the Lord? Maybe for you it's revamping your mindset before you get married to start thinking less selfishly and prepare your heart to be more servant like. Or maybe God would have you work towards reconciling a broken marriage that in the worlds eyes seems beyond repair. The best thing you can do is to seek Him and obey Him. It might not be easy, but it'll be worth it.

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. Itdoes not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends."
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment