Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sounds that Satisfy

Sounds that satisfy. What comes to your mind? [There's no right or wrong answer!]

To me, I think of music. I love music. As a little one, I fell asleep best when lullabies played quietly from my cassette player. I grew up hearing my mother play heavenly melodies on the piano. And as a teenager, my drivers-ed teacher told me I drove best when music was on. I'd say it's fair to say music has always been a sound that satisfies my soul.

Throughout my many years, I have enjoyed a variety of music styles -- some I'm too embarrassed to share! Currently, I tend to listen only to music with God honoring lyrics. One of my favorite artists, Beckah Shae, came out with her album Destiny (my favorite album of hers to date). I had the privilege to attend an album release party with some friends and we heard Beckah perform her song, from the album, Music. 


I really resonated with the lyrics. You can feel it in your soul, That beat drops and you find yourself just wanting more. Music. And even very recently, I have found myself wanting music playing non-stop. But not only are the lyrics important to me, so is the beat. If I'm wanting to rest or spend time with the Lord, I need something calming and slow. But if I'm working out or cleaning my apartment, I need something upbeat to keep me going! Most importantly, I want to fill my mind with words/lyrics that are not dishonoring and don't cause me to stumble in anyway.

I thought I'd share some of my current favorites! (All available for purchase on iTunes)


"Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!" - Psalm 95:2

No comments:

Post a Comment