Sunday, March 10, 2013

New Jersey, New Home - Part 1

We have now lived in New Jersey for over 3 months. Wow, time sure does fly! We're settled into our place and I thought it'd be fun to share it with you! In Part 1, is the main living area of our new home. 

But first, a look at the exterior.... [These first two shots were taken a few weeks ago, after Winter Storm Nemo.]

A view from the parking lot at our building

Up the stairs to our apartment....

A look back at the front door

The living room

Living room

We have dubbed this our "reading nook"

The focal point... I've enjoyed decorating the shelf (my makeshift mantel if you will) and currently themed for St. Patrick's Day!

We love candles. They help make our apartment feel like a home. And this one smells especially heavenly (available at your local Target!).

Our balcony/porch with a pretty look into the trees. We can't wait to furnish the porch and enjoy dinners out here later this year!

A look into the dining room from the porch (and I had to capture Tyler's grill in the shot. We're awaiting warmer weather to enjoy some grilled deliciousness!)

Dining room {Updated: 8/2015}

Dining room extras (a display place for antique tea cups, serving pieces, cookbooks, and decorations).

My favorite dining room "decoration"... my grandmother's antique flour sifter.

A look into the kitchen from the living room. 
The kitchen is my favorite room in our home (despite my initial disappointment when it wasn't the beautiful cabinets and granite counter tops I was expecting...). I have baked new delights, prepared new dinner recipes, and warmed up simple frozen finger foods to serve student athletes when hosting game nights! In only 3 months, this kitchen has served me well and I cannot wait to continue to develop my culinary and baking skills, as well as serve others here.

My "baking corner" - I love this! Tyler gifted me the cupcake decor for Christmas. Cute, huh?!

More kitchen - "coffee corner"

Love this fun sugar and creamer set that was a gift from a dear friend as a wedding shower gift. Whenever I use it I not only think of her, but I am reminded of Truth.

Our gas range and a look at part of the kitchen where I feel alive!


Thanks for stopping by, taking a little tour of the main living area of our new home, and joining me on this journey...

 "She looks well to the ways of her household..." - Proverbs 31:27

Look for Part 2 soon as I complete the tour with a peak at our guest room and master bedroom!



And.... PART 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment