Before the week began, I jotted down a list of things I wanted to set out to achieve, aware I wouldn't get them all done -- but I needed to have something to aim for!
What I did end up getting done... =)
- And the Shofar Blew by Francine Rivers - a GREAT read with plenty of surprises for me!
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (this I have also read before but if I get to it, would love to again!)
- I ended up (almost finishing) The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers. I thought about the other 2 books and chose to read a book I hadn't yet read that had been on my "to-read-list" for quite some time.
- Wreaths (one for the front door,
- Replace St. Patrick's Day mantel decor with Easter decor - here's what I threw together to spruce up our home for Easter!
- Easter basket fillers - SUCCESS! Sweet sweet success and so excited to give these fun treats to Tyler!
- Lunch with friends - loved Chick-fil-A with Missy, Bible study on Tuesday over coffee, tea, and snacks, and lunch with a friend at a Mediterranean place downtown!
- Skype (family)
- Call (friends, family) - I did this but would've liked to have caught up with some more people, for sure.
- Front door - now a clean home for the new wreath!
- Floors (they need a good mop and shine) - what a workout to Swifter and mop wood floors throughout.... man!
And in addition to what I planned, I was able to spend some great time with the Lord in prayer, reading His Word and continuing to go through Beth Moore's Breaking Free Bible study; enjoy some chick flicks; spend a fun night with some gymnastics girls who were all unable to go home for break; get a huge dent in laundry; and sip tea from my new tea set!
Now that it's over, I am beyond thankful to have Tyler home safely, and am looking forward to finishing out the semester with a bang and look ahead to all that summer will hold!