Thursday, March 21, 2013

Amidst Spring Break

Ahh..... well, this week has already been so many things, and it's not over yet! I'm realizing that I will not be getting done everything I set out to accomplish. And that's disappointing but I'm grateful to still be getting some of it done!

So, the week thus far....Tyler left early Saturday morning. After I dropped him off, I returned home and went back to sleep! Later that day, I Skyped with my family. I loved every second of it. I miss them dearly. As evening drew near, I began reading and the Shofar Blew by Francine Rivers. This kept me entertained into the wee hours!


Sunday morning I woke up and enjoyed Idlewild's Live Worshipcast. It was such a joy and blessing to see familiar faces, hear familiar hymns, and listen to Pastor Ken preach from God's Word. My outing for the day Sunday was to the grocery store, which was weird to shop for just me this week, I must say. So I splurged and bought myself some fresh flowers to enjoy! I also stumbled upon a fun Easter basket filler for Tyler at the store.


Monday, Missy and I headed to the mall for lunch and shopping (well, browsing really). We enjoyed a classic Chick-fil-A lunch - my first in New Jersey and man, I am so grateful to have the comfort of Chick-fil-A here, even if it is a little bit of a trip and in a food court.


Later that day, I had planned to run some errands and pick up what I needed for my crafting plans before hitting the gym. Well, success in my craft supply shopping (not so much success in coming up with a plan or gift idea for Tyler's birthday...) but as soon as I got home it was snowing pretty heavily, so I decided I was not going to the gym... haha. Don't judge me. Instead, I curled up with a cup of tea and my novel.


Tuesday, Missy hosted our weekly women's Rutgers coaches Bible study at her home. This was a nice change of scenery from the student center on campus, where we normally meet. We enjoyed snacks, coffee, and continuing our study and discussion of Genesis. This truly has been a fun and enlightening semester with these women! We're all gleaning so much wisdom from God's Word, together. Later that evening, Missy hosted some of the gymnastics girls (who are unable to go home for Spring Break due to practice and traveling for meets) for dinner. I know they enjoyed getting off campus and enjoying a home cooked meal. After dinner, one of the gals stayed and the 3 of us watched "Return to Me" and enjoyed every second of it!

Wednesday, I headed to New Brunswick for lunch with a friend. She took me to this (new for me) quaint little Mediterranean restaurant, Efes. We had a great time getting to know each other a little better over a delicious lunch! And what a gorgeous day it was...The first day of Spring! After lunch, I walked around a bit to soak up some sunshine =) I ran a couple errands on my way home, hit the gym, and ended up finishing and the Shofar Blew



Today, I have already caught up on some emails, enjoyed hazlenut coffee out of a Cozumel mug Tyler and I picked up on our honeymoon, and gotten laundry started! I began reading Francine Rivers' The Atonement Child last night and hope to finish that before Saturday evening. And today, I plan to begin wreath making, make a few phone calls to friends, and redo the St. Patrick's Day mantel/shelf with Easter decor. All in all, it's been a pretty productive and rejuvenating Spring Break thus far!

"She works with willing hands."
 - Proverbs 30:13


No comments:

Post a Comment