Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Lesson on Racism: A Class Divided

This summer, as I've shared, I spent the month of June serving at Athletes in Action's Urban Project - Los Angeles. During my time there, we viewed a handful of documentaries and movies. Below is a clip from a documentary we watched titled A Class Divided. I find it eye opening, heart wrenching, and unfortunately true. 



Imagine if the world took part in this "experiment" to gain greater understanding on treating others as your brother? to seeing others equally? to understanding what it feels like to be discriminated against? to embracing differences rather than hating them? The world would be a different and certainly more peaceful place.


But the Lord said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” - 1 Samuel 16:7

No comments:

Post a Comment