Sunday, July 15, 2012

S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Insanity

Recently, my husband and I have begun the Insanity workout (thanks to a friend who gave it to us!). Let me say, it is indeed insane. I have cried most days during the workout and struggle to make it through without multiple breaks - not to mention I'm starving all the time! It is HARD -- even my former college football player of a husband will tell you it's hard. (I'll do my best to keep you posted with our results!)



Most days, I compare in my mind my Insanity workout to the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. at the Ultimate Training Camp. I think to myself, this is the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. at home for non-athletes! The event known as the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. (Spiritual Principles + Exhaustion = Confidence In All Mighty Lord) takes place each summer at Athletes in Action's Ultimate Training Camp (UTC) out in Fort Collins, Colorado. UTC provides an opportunity for collegiate athletes to experience the Gospel through the language of sport.



During the summer of 2011, I had the chance to spend a few weeks helping staff UTC.... what an experience! I witnessed student-athletes working their tails off, pushing themselves beyond their physical limits, and trusting God to be their strength. When I think back to that, remember those who aimed to finish strong, and rest in God's grace while relying on His strength, I am able to not only complete my workout, but use it as a time to worship the Lord! We are called to honor the Lord with our bodies, and love him with all of our strength.... no better way for me to do that right now than through disciplining my body through the Insanity workout! It's near impossible for me, so I depend on the Lord! What a special opportunity.... to workout, worship, and love the Lord with my strength!

--How can you best love God with all your heart, soul, and strength?

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength." - Deuteronomy 6:5

"I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave..." - 1 Corinthians 9:27


No comments:

Post a Comment