Friday, November 22, 2013

Choosing Gratitude

This month, to stick with the theme of thankfulness and gratitude, I am reading and going through the 30 day devotional by Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Choosing Gratitude.


I have enjoyed being more disciplined in the area of reading-- I feel accomplished and enlightened with each book I read! This book has given me a fresh perspective on having an attitude of gratitude and that it is indeed a choice. I'm not too far along, but even practically speaking, the devotional required me to make a list of things I'm grateful God has given me and things others have given me.... I could've been writing all day! The Bible is clear on where good things come from-- "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." - James 1:17 and God sure has been good to me, in many many ways. Although I can find myself complaining or lusting after the things others have, this month as I focus on rejoicing always, praying without ceasing, and giving thanks in all circumstances [1 Thessalonians 5:18-19] I am finding my heart is filled with peace and my heart is humbled.


How is the Thanksgiving season going for you in regards to giving thanks and expressing gratitude?

No comments:

Post a Comment