Thursday, October 17, 2013

Study, Learn, Grow

This year, I have done more studying of the Bible than probably ever before. I have grown in my faith immensely. My confidence in my relationship with the Lord continues to increase, as does my identity in Him alone.

I started the year studying Beth Moore's Breaking Free and was blown away. God spoke so tenderly to my heart through that study. And I just recently finished Kay Arthur's Lord, I Want to Know You which is a study through the names of God. Here's a snapshot of the end of my study--


Both studies taught me unique lessons. Today, I began going through the book of Hebrews, no pre-made study, just me, God, and the Bible. I also really enjoyed that-- the freedom to uncover God's Word all on my own (well, by His leading obviously).

Without God's Word, I know I wouldn't be where I am in my faith today. I cling with all my heart and soul to the Word. It's what keeps my mind purified. It's what I hold on to when everything else around me is falling apart. God's Word is how He reveals Himself to me. And I couldn't be more grateful to know God in a personal way and have free access to His Truth! What about you.....

How have you found studying the Bible helpful? Do you prefer a pre-made Bible study or going through the Word on your own? Does your studying promote growth in your life -- are you applying what you're learning?

Here are some helpful resources on how to study scripture.

"How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you." - Psalm 119:9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment