Monday, October 19, 2015

Show and Tell

As a college student, I remember attending a Fall Retreat with Cru and hearing the speaker share the idea that if you go see a movie that you really enjoyed, you're going to tell your friends to go see it too. It's like you can't help it. The movie was just THAT good. It would be a shame for others to miss out on the wonder of it. What was the speaker's point? That our relationship and experience with God should be just. like. that. We should be so moved by God--who He is AND what He does--that we are naturally compelled to tell others about it.

I was reminded of this recently as I posted a status on Facebook. The post read:

"I've been working out in my living room (utilizing nap time!) for the last 2 1/2 months. I'm in (quite possibly) the best shape of my life. I'm eating real, whole foods AND still successfully nursing my baby girl. Without trying, I have introduced & "recruited" 4 others to begin the PiYo program--because when you find something you like AND get the results you want, you share about it & people buy in."

I gave up my three-days-a-week-at-the-gym routine at the end of pregnancy. Over the summer, I took the plunge and purchased PiYo (a Beachbody workout program). This would not be my first experience with Beachbody--Tyler and I completed Insanity in 2012. But this time was different. I was committed. I set goals. I was sticking to the eating plan provided. And I was in a Challenge Group with my Beachbody Coach* along with other challengers--this aided in accountability, recipe ideas, encouragement, and FUN! 


And that's when I realized. Because my experience with PiYo has been so wonderful, I want to shout it from the rooftops. I want my friends who have been working or hoping for results to hear me out. I want people to experience the wonder of a 30 minute home workout that is kind to your body. I want to see others amazed at their success! Therefore, I am naturally sharing about it...every. chance. I. get. AND, because my physical results are evident, people are asking me about it. Like, a lot of people. Not only do I want to talk about it, but people want to know about it. They see a difference and are curious. This is exactly how I imagine it to be, ideally, in regards to the GospelWe should be so moved by God--who He is AND what He does--that we are naturally compelled to tell others about it. And shouldn't our lives reflect the difference He has made in us, to the point that people ask about Him? I think yes. 


Just like that movie that was so good, and just like the results from a good workout program... Jesus is worth sharing about. 





*I am currently NOT a Beachbody Coach. I am just a satisfied customer with the desire to see others achieve their goals! If you have questions about Beachbody, I would love for you to get in touch with my Coach, Krysta. Head over to her blog or her professional page.

No comments:

Post a Comment