Friday, January 8, 2016

This Year..

WELCOME 2016!

Each year, I choose a verse or passage in Scripture to pray through throughout the year. It keeps me grounded and gives me a prayer focus (for myself). Last year, I knew with a new baby I would be coveting REST. So I prayed through Psalm 23...often!

This year, I'm still anticipating longing for REST (not just the kind I find by catching some zzz's but the kind I can only find at the feet of Jesus). And I'm also realizing how much I need God's GENTLENESS in my life. So I am praying Jesus' words over my life this year and clinging to His goodness.


By no means do I expect to be all rested, gentle, and Christ-like by December 31, 2016 but I sure hope to be closer to that than I am now. I long to be satisfied in His presence and to imitate His ways. And maybe, just maybe, by seeking Him and trusting who He is by praying His words over my life, I will see the fruit of that come the end of 2016!


What areas are you longing to grow in or what ways do you hope to experience God this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment