Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fast Forward

On occasion, I find myself daydreaming about what my tomorrows will look like.... sometimes I fast forward my life and think about how my family will grow-- will Tyler and I have children? how many children will we have? will we be able to have children of our own? will we adopt? Other times I catch myself fantasizing about where I will live in the future-- will my house be a home? what flooring will we have? how many rooms will there be? what paint colors will we choose? And, quickly, I am brought back to the reality that it is today.

"This is the day is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24). Don't get me wrong, I don't think God wants me to think only about "today" -- after all, he created me and I am a planner! But, getting caught up in a future that is already planned out for me, as if I have some sort of control over it, is simply a waste of my thought time. Sure, I have desires, but daydreaming about them won't get me anywhere-- and after all, God knows the deepest desires of my heart! He knows that I'd love twins, a home with a front porch, and a luscious yard! But, the todays leading up to my tomorrows are purposeful. "So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom." (Psalm 90:12). I'm trusting God that if I set my mind on things above and allow my todays to prepare my heart for my tomorrows, that not only will he bless me, but that I will find satisfaction in each day! After all, I wouldn't want to miss the treasure that God has for me in my today....

"...whatever is true, whatever is honorable, what is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." -- Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment