Monday, January 9, 2012

Expect Miracles

Currently, I am reading A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers. I cannot put it down! [She is such a captivating author. If you have never read any of her books, you are missing out and I recommend getting into your bookstore as soon as possible to appreciate this woman's gift of writing!] Through my time spent reading A Lineage of Grace I am learning a lot, since it is based on five women of the Bible. The first four women are all from the Old Testament (Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba) which has opened my eyes to so much that the Old Testament holds. God specifically is drawing out the miracles mentioned to grasp my attention.

This God of the Old Testament is the same God we serve today. "For I the LORD do not change..." -Malachi 3:6 However, I know I am guilty of minimizing His power and might to be less today than it was in Bible times. If God does not change, why would the magnitude of His miracles change? God provided a way for the Israelites to cross the Jordan River to claim the land He promised them. "the waters coming down from above stood and rose up in a heap very far away, at Adam, the city that is beside Zarethan, and those flowing down toward the Sea of Arabah, the Salt Sea, were completely cut off. And the people passed over opposite Jericho. Now the priests bearing the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firmly on dry ground in the midst of the Jordan, and all Israel was passing over on dry ground until the nation finished passing over the Jordan." -Joshua 3:16-17 And for some reason, there are many times I doubt that God will provide such simple things like food, money, and housing  for me. How ridiculous! I believe He is good, He loves me, and has a plan for my life. Why would I then not believe He would exude power to achieve that plan?
I am now feel challenged to pray, truly believing in the same, powerful God that performed miracles in the Old Testament.

"Great are the works of the LORD, studied by all who delight in them. Full of splendor and majesty is his work, and his righteousness endures forever." -Psalm 111:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment