Thursday, January 26, 2017

Dear Social Media

Dear Social Media,

I love you. And I hate you.

I love that you allow me to stay connected to people I don't see often enough.
I hate that you bring out comparison in my heart.
I love that you give me a platform to share issues I hold dear to my heart.
I hate that you don't share my tone or the sincerity of my heart.
I love that I can post highlights from my life.
I hate how misleading those highlights can be--it leaves me feeling unknown.
I love the sharing of God's Word I see on my newsfeeds.
I hate the bullying and hate you so often provoke.
I love that a quick swipe down my newsfeed allows me to see what's going on in the world, from the comfort of my home.
I hate that you are too often used for politics.
I love seeing my friends use you to promote their small businesses.
I hate that you haven't figured out how to prevent hacking of accounts.
I love how you have connected me with other young moms, even some many miles away.
I hate how addicting you are!


I love you. And I hate you.


Sincerely,
An avid user

No comments:

Post a Comment