Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thoughts on the List of 23 Things....

Yesterday, this blog post showed up on my Facebook newsfeed several times, as multiple of my friends had posted it and commented how much they enjoyed it. Just the title, "23 Things to do Instead of Getting Engaged Before You're 23" got me a little fired up... mostly because I was 22 when I was both engaged and married to my best friend and now husband. As I read through the blog, I became even more irritated! I almost felt personally attacked and began feeling defensive for "getting married young" and let's face it, I owe no one an explanation.

Then, today, I read this blog. And I just about 100% agree with every word. This girl, who is my age, articulated almost exactly what I was thinking reading the list of 23 things yesterday. At the end, this author suggests doing what's right for you...and I'd take it a step further and say to do what God has for you! Our loving Creator has a unique plan for each person. I wholeheartedly believe I am in God's plan for me. If you're single and 23, 35, or 65, I hope you can stand firmly in knowing you are exactly where God wants you--because that is what matters.

A friend shared with me this post, which I believe is a better guide of "what to do before marriage" than the 23 things listed in the first blog post....in my humble opinion.

Oh, and happy new year.

"...rejoice in the wife of your youth." 
- Proverbs 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment