Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Nostalgia

Five years ago, I was not right with God. I had spent about a year or so running from Him and His plans for my life. I thought I could find lasting satisfaction in life, without the Lord. I found out, time and time again, that I was very very wrong.

In early November 2007, I began to feel convicted and empty. I remember sending my friend Nicole a Facebook message asking about a verse in Scripture. She later told me that led her to continue to pray for me! And am I so glad she did.

On Thanksgiving evening, November 22, 2007, I watched the video below and it was life changing for me. Tears streamed down my face and my heart ached... I knew my life wasn't what it should and could have been.... there was SO much more and I had been missing out! Well, I wanted it. I wanted a life that was satisfied in Christ alone. At the same time, I was scared. I knew Nicole would understand and help lead me in this.


Despite that it was Thanksgiving night, Nicole and her parents welcomed me over with open arms. I remember sitting on Nicole's bed with her and our friend Jess as I sobbed. Through the tears,  I remember saying, "I need Jesus. Please help me!" And they did! Those girls stepped up and help shepherd me as I got back on the path the Lord had for me. And I have them as friends to this day. They will always hold a special place in my heart!

 (Pictured: Nicole, Me, Jess - Christmas 2007)

So, this Thanksgiving, this is what I am thankful for: friendships that have eternal value, God's grace and forgiveness, a fully satisfying life in Him, and God's all purposeful plan for my life. Because I was obedient 5 years ago to God reeling me back in, I have experienced His perfect plan for my life and many blessings!

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless!


"Give thanks to him; bless his name!" 
- Psalm 100:4

No comments:

Post a Comment