Monday, October 3, 2011

A Light For My Path

Running requires a path. Have you ever really given thought to the path, or do you focus more on the running? I usually am so focused on running, I tend to not give much thought, if any, to the path. A good run is different for everyone. But what ingredients make up a “good running path”... smooth and dry ground, beautiful surrounding scenery, the chirping of birds coming from nearby trees? What about light?
I picture myself running on a path that meets my standards of being a "good running path" but it's in complete darkness. I will not be able to see the path in effort to continue on it, or avoid hitting something. Even with a flashlight, only a step or two in front of me will be illuminated and I will certainly not be able to see how much farther I have until I reach the end of the path. But, just one step is enough as long as I take my time and trust that the light will not dim! On your path, in life, are you feeling alone, in the dark, with no guidance? God wants to be the light to your path. Will you let Him? He knows the way…
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” – Psalm 119:105

No comments:

Post a Comment